convert .123 format to Excel?

  1. #1
    Doug Rainville
    Guest

    convert .123 format to Excel?

    Does anyone know how to convert Lotus files in .123 format to Excel? I'm
    working with Excel XP. Thanks

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: convert .123 format to Excel?

    Hi Doug-

    Open the file in Excel the same as any Excel file, although you may need to
    change the file type (bottom list in the Open File dialog box). If you don't
    know the specific Lotus version, just choose "All Files".

    Once you open the file in Excel go to File>Save As and open the bottom list
    for Save As Type. Pick the format you want.

    Hope this helps|:>)

  3. #3
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: convert .123 format to Excel?

    Hi, Doug-
    >From Excel, on the top menu if you'll click >File >Open a dialog box

    opens. Select the path and then in the "Files of Type" dropdown select
    "Lotus 123" files. This opens the 123 from Excel- when you save the
    file, specify to save it as an Excel file.

    Dave O

  4. #4
    Doug Rainville
    Guest

    RE: convert .123 format to Excel?

    Thanks for the quick reply, however, using the open file dialog for Lotus
    only works for files with a "wk?" extension. The Lotus file I have, has been
    saved in the more recent ".123" extension. Excel returns "file format
    errors" when attempting to open.

  5. #5
    Doug Rainville

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: convert .123 format to Excel?

    You need to save it as wk extension in lotus then convert it in excel, if you
    don't have lotus to do this there are probably only commercial converters like

    http://www.dataviz.com/products/conv...lus/index.html

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom