Personal.xls does not open

  1. #1
    C. David Rossen
    Guest

    Personal.xls does not open

    Hello:

    For some reason, when I start Excel, the file personal.xls does not open
    anymore, not even hidden. I want to be able to save macros to it, but it
    does not list that as an option anymore. The file that opens is Book1.
    Personal.xls is in the xlstart directory. Thanks.

    David

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Personal.xls does not open

    It is possible that Excel encountered a problem with the file. Go
    to the Help menu, choose About Excel, and click the Disabled
    Items button.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Personal.xls does not open

    xl2002+ have the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

    They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

    If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
    Items...".

    Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
    too.

    If the workbook is really bad, you'll want to put your backup copy in XLStart.

  4. #4
    C. David Rossen
    Guest

    Re: Personal.xls does not open