how do I edit gridlines in one row

  1. #1
    JPeterH
    Guest

    how do I edit gridlines in one row

    I want to create chart heading. When doing this, I need to erese the column
    sperators in the first two rows, only. I tried it, in "format cells," but to
    no avail. Is there some way to do this or do I need to create my accounting
    chart, then edit it in Powerpoint?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: how do I edit gridlines in one row

    Hi

    unless you've selected otherwise gridlines don't print (file / page setup /
    sheet tab) ... however you CAN merge the cells - select them and choose
    format / cells / alignment tab - merge cells but a better option (merged
    cells can cause you problems if you ever want to sort or filter) would be to
    select the cells where you want your heading (say A1:D1) and then choose
    format / cells / alignment and in horizontal - "choose center across
    selection" - now type your heading in A1 and it will appear centered across
    the cells without them being merged.

    - if you want borders to print but not gridlines - turn the printing of
    gridlines off (file / page setup / sheet tab) - then select the cells you
    want to put borders around and then use format / cells / borders to do this.

    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...