Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

  1. #1
    tox
    Guest

    Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    Ok, sorting a column in to alphabetical order is easy, using the a-z button.
    How do I do this in a row across the page. I've tried highlighting the row
    and using the a-z button, but alas, no joy.

    TIA
    tox

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    Data / Sort / Options / Sort Left to Right

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tox
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    "Ken Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:#[email protected]...
    > Data / Sort / Options / Sort Left to Right
    >
    > --

    Brilliant, Ken. BTW, I'm writing a holiday and staff attendance chart, with
    the dates in horizontal row and the names in the vertical column. Trouble is
    there are not enough boxes in the horizontal row to get the 365 days of the
    year. I've tried putting the names in the horizontal column and the dates in
    the vertical column, however it's difficult to navigate. Any suggestions?

    Regards
    tox

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    Do you need all 365 - Are you 7 days a week?

  5. #5
    tox
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    "Ken Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do you need all 365 - Are you 7 days a week?
    >
    > --

    Hi Ken, we're six days a week.

    Regards
    tox

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    Afraid you're done and stuck with a vertical layout as even with six days
    you need 312, sorry.

  7. #7
    tox
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    "Ken Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Afraid you're done and stuck with a vertical layout as even with six days
    > you need 312, sorry.

    Cheers anyway. Although I cant for the life of me understand why Excel
    doesn't have more rows to accommodate the number of days in a year plus a
    few extra.

    Regards
    tox

  8. #8
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    I'm assuming you meant columns :-)

  9. #9
    tox
    Guest

    Re: Sorting rows into alphabetical order?

    "Ken Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm assuming you meant columns :-)

    LOL, yep...

    Regards