Will an Array Formula work here?

  1. #1
    Rob Gould
    Guest

    Will an Array Formula work here?

    Hi all,

    I have a formula in cells A1 to A10 which displays the word "SAME"
    under normal conditions. If the source for one of those cells changes,
    the cell will display "NEW". On a second worksheet, I want a
    single cell to display either a blank if all A1 to A10 on sheet 1 read
    "SAME" or "NEW" if one or more of those cells displays
    "NEW".

    Confusing? Hope not. Is there a way to do this with arrays or
    similar?

    Thanks.

    Rob

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Will an Array Formula work here?

    =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A1:A10,"SAME")=10,"","NEW")

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Will an Array Formula work here?

    Hi

    =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!A1:A10,"NEW")>0,"NEW","SAME")

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...