the red "x" is greyed out on my excel application. How can this .

  1. #1
    gpamike
    Guest

    the red "x" is greyed out on my excel application. How can this .

    I'm using office 2000. I believe that I may have some sort of virus. I am
    able to close individual files from within excel, however, I am unable to
    close excel using the RED "X" button. It is greyed out.

    Please help.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: the red "x" is greyed out on my excel application. How can this .

    Are using using Groupwise?

    If that's the problem. See this MSKB article

    Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions.

    It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove
    the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP