When I save a file I consistently get a message about saving a co.

  1. #1
    cynspin
    Guest

    When I save a file I consistently get a message about saving a co.

    When I save an Excel file on my new XP machine, I am always prompted to
    answer a question saying my file may have been overwritten by another user,
    do I want to save a copy or overwrite changes. I want to automatically
    overwite - even though nobody else is accessing the file.... Can I disable
    this warning?

  2. #2
    swisse
    Guest

    RE: When I save a file I consistently get a message about saving a co.

    In Workbook_BeforeSave() write:
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    and in Workbook_BeforeClose() write:
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    Swisse

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: When I save a file I consistently get a message about saving a co.

    cyn

    Have a look at this KB Article

    "The file may have been changed..." error when you save workÂ*book to network
    server in Excel 2002

    Myrna Larson also reported that she got this error when openÂ*ing a workspace
    (*.xlw) file.

    Opening the workbooks individually solved the problem.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP