Date and time imports

  1. #1
    Nigel Forge
    Guest

    Date and time imports

    I would appreciate any help on the following:
    We import a number of rows of data from two time recorders - both include
    the date, time, minutes, seconds. One is much more frequent than another
    giving data every second whereas the other only polls every 3 seconds or so.
    Therefore we have one column full of data for every second and another with a
    lot of missing rows. What I need to do is match the results with the
    corresponding time of the 'erratic' data against the 'every second' data
    column.
    A B C D
    Feb 01 05 12:30:15 <data> Feb 01 05 12:30:15 <data>
    Feb 01 05 12:30:16 Feb 01 05 12:30:18
    Feb 01 05 12:30:17
    Feb 01 05 12:30 18

    What I need to be able to do is have the data from E appear in C alongside
    the matching date and time (exact) from A.
    Any solutions please??

    Thanks
    --
    Nigel Forge

  2. #2
    Nigel Forge
    Guest

    RE: Date and time imports

    Sorry - I guess the formatting messed up when I posted this one - E is meant
    to be the last column!