How do I save autofilter data

  1. #1
    jbwerner
    Guest

    How do I save autofilter data

    I have a spreadsheet that uses autofilters. I want to apply some filters and
    save the Excel spreadsheet with a different name and remove the autofilter.
    I know I could cut and paste the data, but I'm looking for a better way.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: How do I save autofilter data

    Without code there is not a way of moving the data, you might consider
    Advanced filter which will move the data to another part of the sheet, you
    can then delete the original data and save as a new file (not sure that's
    much shorter).

    Have you considered using Custom views? This allows you to save various
    filter settings and simply select the view to change the filter. This way
    you may only need one file.

    (View>custom views...)

    Otherwise, I suspect you will need code

    Nick Hodge