excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?

  1. #1
    Parker1333
    Guest

    excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?

    Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow.

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?

    1. Select row 2.
    2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula
    Is"
    3. Insert: =$J$2="P"
    4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?

    Parker

    Select the entire row to color. Doesn't have to be row 2.

    Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P"

    Pick a color from from the Format button.

    Note the $J2 must be entered as is with the $ sign.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP