Opening *.CSV Error: Not enough memory

  1. #1
    Pierre
    Guest

    Opening *.CSV Error: Not enough memory

    Hi all,

    trying to open any *.csv file being bigger than 16 MB I'm getting the error
    message "Not enough memory."

    Im using win2000 SP3 and Excel 97 SR-2, my PC has got 1GB RAM.

    A colleague of mine, having half as much memory than I do, can open *.csv
    being bigger than 150 MB without any problem.

    PLEASE help. Many thanks in advance,
    Pierre

  2. #2

    Re: Opening *.CSV Error: Not enough memory

    Are you using a macro?

    MS has a workaround at:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q134826&
    XL: "Out of Memory" Message Using the OpenText Method

    I don't have a guess if you're getting this error when you open the .csv file
    manually.

  3. #3
    Pierre
    Guest

    Re: Opening *.CSV Error: Not enough memory

    Hi Dave,

    many thanks for your reply! Unfortunately I'm not using a macro to open the
    file, I'm just double-clicking on the file. Opening first Excel and than the
    file via the File-Open menu will lead to the same result.

    Have a good day, Pierre

  4. #4

    Re: Opening *.CSV Error: Not enough memory

    I don't have another guess.

    Sorry.