finding row number?

  1. #1
    james
    Guest

    finding row number?

    I would like to find the row number of a cell in column A with specific text.
    Would any one help?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: finding row number?

    =MATCH("text",A:A,0)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: finding row number?

    =MATCH("specific text",$A:$A,0)

  4. #4
    Kevin H. Stecyk
    Guest

    Re: finding row number?

    james wrote...
    >I would like to find the row number of a cell in column A with specific
    >text.
    > Would any one help?

    Hi James,

    Let's assume you were looking for the row number where "Stuff" is written in
    text.

    In cell B1....
    =MATCH("Stuff", A1:A50,0)

    Here I am searching for A1:A50. You can choose the appropriate range.

    The result is 20. Thus, I know the row number is the 20th row of A1:A50, or
    row 20.

    I am not sure that is exactly what you are looking for. If not, please
    provide more detail.

    Hope that helps.

    Regards,
    Kevin