Problems with sorting a pivot table

  1. #1
    Gavim Francis
    Guest

    Problems with sorting a pivot table

    Hi, I've got an annoying problem in sorting my pivot table and just
    cannot find the right option to solve it. Here's the layout of my
    Pivot Table -

    Column A = the client type, this is either 1, 2, 3 or 4
    Column B = Client name - a, b, c, d...
    Column C = the names of the 2 companies that have sold to the clients
    (y and z)
    Column D = the amount that 'a' spent with y and the amount they spent
    with z.

    I'm trying to sort the table in descending order of the 'z' income in
    Column D but whenever I try to do this (Field Settings.. > Advanced >
    Descending > Column D) it just sorts by Column B on the gross total of
    the sales by y and z.

    How can I sort Column B on the total of Column D that is made by
    company z? Not the total by y and z.

    I hope this makes sense, thanks!

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Problems with sorting a pivot table

    Move the Company Name field to the Row area
    Select the z column in the pivot table, and sort it.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List