Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

    Hi everyone,

    Why you lose hyperlinks when you move a sheet with hyperlinks from one
    workbook to another!?

    How can you go around that please?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

    Hi Mike,
    Please give an example and your links and your version of Excel.

    If you have sheets that refer to other sheets in the workbook
    would suggest that you copy them together to the new workbook
    rather than individually.

    --
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Mike
    Guest

    Re: Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

    Dave,

    Yes, I have 3 sheets that refer to each other in the workbook. I tried
    moving all together but didn't work.

    How can I copy 3 sheets together from one workbook to another? Is this
    the only way?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

    Hi Mike,
    Did you group the sheets when you moved them together.

    Group the sheets by selecting all three with the help of the
    Ctrl key. Copy or move the sheets with
    as File, Move or copy sheets, check Copy if applicable
    be sure to ungroup the sheets immediately afterwards
    or risk severe damage as any change made to a sheet will
    be made to the others in the group. Right-click on a sheettab
    and choose Ungroup sheets.

    Is there another way. Depends on your links, and what you are
    going to be changing. There is a Hyperlink Worksheet Function
    anything within quotes will not be adjusted if rows inserted/deleted
    or sheets are moved depending on how they are written.
    ..
    ---

  5. #5
    Mike
    Guest

    Re: Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

    Hi Dave,

    That is exactly what I did before as you did describe it! The
    hyperlinks I have are done using "Name Box" and "Hyperlink" option.

    If there is NO other way to do the moving of those 3 sheets from one
    workbook to another safely, CAN I hyperlink the two workbooks instead?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  6. #6

    Re: Moving a sheet with hyperlinks?

    I used this formula in A1 of sheet3:

    =hyperlink(sheet1!a1,"click")

    and I inserted a hyperlink in B1 (insert|hyperlink)
    and pointed to "place in this document" and pointed at A1 of sheet1.

    When I moved sheet1, sheet2, sheet3 to a different workbook, both the worksheet
    formula hyperlink and the insert|hyperlink version worked fine.

    You may want to post what you used as a hyperlink.

    (I used xl2002 in my testing.)