Pivot Table-Using Multiple SS's or Ranges?

  1. #1
    Jugglertwo
    Guest

    Pivot Table-Using Multiple SS's or Ranges?

    I'm familiar with creating and editing Pivot Tables using
    one worksheet. I would like to create a Pivot Table using
    different worksheets. The structure of all the lists are
    the same: same Header Row in each list. I'm going through
    the procedure and it is producing a Pivot Table but it is
    quite different from the Pivot Table Layouts that I'm used
    to seeing.
    When I go into the Layout Dialog Box, I'm not seeing the
    Field Names that one normally sees.

    1) Am I doing something wrong?
    2) Is this the way it works when you create a Pivot Table
    from multiple sources?
    3) Should I just put all the data in one worksheet list
    and them produce the Pivot Table?

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is
    frustrating me mucho.
    Thanks!
    Jugglertwo

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table-Using Multiple SS's or Ranges?

    You're not doing anything wrong. If you create a Pivot Table from
    multiple consolidation ranges, as you discovered, you won't get the same
    pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an
    example here:

    If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, and you'll have more
    flexibility in creating the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Jugglertwo
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table-Using Multiple SS's or Ranges?

    Debra:
    Thanks so much for the info!
    It is appreciated !
    Jugglertwo