Format a single column into a row

  1. #1
    shepbinker
    Guest

    Format a single column into a row

    I have a collection of column headers and simply want to move them into a
    single Row up and down.

    thanks

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Format a single column into a row

    Hi

    select your headers and copy them
    choose a blank cell in the row you want to paste them into and choose
    edit / paste special - transpose - OK

    delete the original range if you want to

    cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Format a single column into a row

    shep

    They are already in a row(sideways).

    What you want is for them to be in one column(up and down).

    Edit>Copy.

    Select a column and Edit>Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc.

    Note: you cannot paste to any part of the original row.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    shepbink
    Guest

    Re: Format a single column into a row

    Thanks JulieD this did help...I knew it was simple just couldn't think of
    Transpose when I needed too. :-)

  5. #5
    shepbink
    Guest

    Re: Format a single column into a row

    Thanks very much.... I had done it before but was just drawing a blank at a
    time I needed it.

  6. #6
    JulieD
    Guest