Help calculating totals

  1. #1
    Gary
    Guest

    Help calculating totals

    Hello!
    I am using Excel 2002.

    I have a spreadsheet that is about 300 rows long. Each row refers to a
    specific serial# of a copy machine. Column A defines what brand the copier
    is, and say Column B defines how many copies it made. Column B would be the
    "January" column, so then I would C,D,E. etc for the 12 months going across.

    I am looking for an easy way, so at the bottom of the spreadsheet, I can
    have a total for each of the months, for the # of copies that each of the
    different brands made. I am constantly adding and removing different
    serial#'s, so I'm not sure what the easiest way of doing this is. If anyone
    can help me out, I would really appreciate it! Please feel free to email me
    direct if you need me to send you a copy of the spreadsheet.

    Thank you!

    Gary

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Help calculating totals

    Gary

    I suspect a pivot table will help here. Look it up in help and if you get
    stuck post back here

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England