Help again

  1. #1
    Luke Dallman
    Guest

    Help again

    I have tried a variety of formulas, but I haven't been able to get
    anything to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a
    worksheet as below.

    EMPLOYEE Bump MACH Month
    3001656 N Y Oct 04

    There are rows for every employee for every month, I.e. Nov 04, Dec 04
    etc. the way data is retrieved it is added to the bottom of the
    worksheet so there will be entries for the same employee for every
    month. Bump and MACH will be either y or N.

    On another worksheet in the same workbook I need to fill in the same
    information. This worksheet is structured differently. In this case
    the data for each month is arranged horizontally with only one line for
    each employee as below.

    EMPLOYEE Oct 04 Mach Oct 04 Bump Nov 04 Mach Nov 04 Bump
    3002376 y n n y

    This will repeat for every month through December. The workbook tallies
    the information for import to a database. Unfortunately the source is
    only able to output the data as either a spreadsheet or in other forms
    that I can't import into the database.

    I have a feeling that the solution is probably straightforward, but I
    can't figure it out.

    Thanks,

    Luke

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: Help again

    See Help for VLOOKUP()

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Luke Dallman
    Guest

    Re: Help again

    I have tried VLOOKUP several ways, but with limited success.
    Unfortunately the employee list isn't static and with VLOOKUP the
    information is filling in on the second sheet sequentially, rather than
    by only matching the numbers so it will misalign at times.

    Regards and thanks,

    Luke.

    In article <42038038.6010402@no_e-mail.com>, post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com
    says...

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Help again

    Hi Luke

    i've created a sample workbook that does what i think you're after - using a
    combination of an array entered index / match formula and dynamic range
    names - if you'ld like to email me direct (julied_ng at hcts dot net dot
    au) i'll be happy to send it to you and then when you've got it in front of
    you - you can see if it meets your needs - and then i can explain how to
    replicate it on your workbook.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...