cells with links

  1. #1
    leonidas
    Guest

    cells with links

    How do I find those cells in a document that have links to another document

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867
    Good morning

    Go to Edit > Links...

    Hope that helps.

  3. #3
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867
    As I was saying, go to

    Edit > Links...

    This will tell you what files the spreadsheet is linked to but not where the links are. A simple Edit > Find... will help you find exactly where the cells are (you don't need to search for the whole path and filename - just a portion of about 5 or 6 characters should do just fine).

    The Find facility only looks in the current sheet, so before you start, click the first sheet tab, hold down shift and click the the last sheet. This will select all the tabs, and Excel will search through these.

    Hope this is what you need.

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest