When Sharing settings dont appear the same for all users

  1. #1
    Nodak
    Guest

    When Sharing settings dont appear the same for all users

    Users have told me that "Windows" Freeze Panes and hidden rows and columns
    are not appearing the same by all users when they launch the file.

    I can't figure out why, but it appears that Execl may be remebering prior
    settings even though I have taken off share and resend

    I have played with the "Include in Personal View Setting" but that does not
    appear to fix it.

    Is there a way through VBA to Purge completely the Share history including
    any interface settings?

    Also any links to expanded documentation on using Share would be welcome.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Nodak
    Guest

    RE: When Sharing settings dont appear the same for all users

    From Support DB:

    The page setup settings in a shared workbook are different for each user in
    Excel
    Article ID : 302911
    Last Review : April 2, 2004
    Revision : 1.0
    On this page
    SYMPTOMS
    CAUSE
    RESOLUTION

    SYMPTOMS
    In Microsoft Excel, when you save a shared workbook with page setup settings
    defined, and then another user opens the workbook, the second user may not
    see the page setup settings that you created.
    CAUSE
    This problem occurs because, by default, the print settings are saved in a
    custom view that is created for each person who uses the shared workbook. The
    page setup settings, such as the header, the footer, and the page breaks, are
    included in those print settings.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, follow these steps: 1. Open the shared workbook in
    Excel.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook.
    3. In the Share Workbook dialog box, click to clear the Allow changes by
    more than one user at the same time check box, and then click OK.
    4. On the View menu, click Custom Views.
    5. In the Views dialog box, select each custom view, and then click Delete
    to remove it.
    6. After you delete all the views, click OK.
    7. Save the workbook.
    8. On the File menu, select Page Setup.

    Use the Page Setup dialog box to create the print settings that you want all
    the users to see, and then click OK when you are finished.
    9. On the Tools menu, click Share Workbook.
    10. On the Editing tab, click to select the Allow changes by more than one
    user at the same time check box.
    11. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Print settings check box in
    personal views.
    12. Click OK.