move column in 2004

  1. #1

    move column in 2004

    It used to be you'd just grab the colum and move it. Now all it seems
    I can do is select the column and then do all kinds of machinations to
    get it to move. How do I just put, column A right after column B
    without deleting or adding any columns (I know, of course, that column
    B will then become "Column A" and so on.
    Also: is there any way of sorting column headers alphabetically after
    they have been entered?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: move column in 2004

    Select column A, then move your pointer onto the black border around column
    A. When it turns into a 4 pointer arrow cursor, hold down the Shift key and
    click and drag it to the right. When it is between columns B and C, and the
    'chadow' column is show between them, let go of your mouse button.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: move column in 2004

    Bernie has looked after the move column.

    To sort headers........assuming headers are in row 1 select that row and
    Data>Sort>Options> "sort left to right".

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: move column in 2004

    Or when you see that 4 pointed arrow, you can Right Click on it and hold it
    down, drag it to where you want, let go of the button and choose from one of
    the options that will appear.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Laurie Pepper
    Guest

    Re: move column in 2004

    Thanks all! Very much. Ken, I like the the quote.

  6. #6
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: move column in 2004