Automatic Links

  1. #1
    JDT
    Guest

    Automatic Links

    I recently copied several pages from an existing workbook to a brand
    new work book. Now, every time I open the new workbook I receive the
    following message:

    'The workbook you opened contains automatic links for information in
    another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes
    made to the other workbook?

    .. To update all linked information, click Yes.
    .. to keep the existing information, click No.'

    I'm not using the old workbook right now, but it asks me if I want to
    update changes I made to the old workbook. Is there any way to keep
    this message box from popping up and to make the two workbooks
    independent of each other?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Automatic Links

    Some place you have a link to the other workbook. To make them independent,
    you'll have to get rid of that link (convert the formula to values??).

    If you're having trouble finding those links, you can use Bill Manville's
    FindLink program:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm