$ large amount of Data.

  1. #1
    confused man
    Guest

    $ large amount of Data.

    Hi,
    I've been working on quite a large worksheet, and after about 5000 rows, I
    realized I forget to hit F4 and $$ the referenced cells. Is there a way to
    highlight a large area, and have it do the whole thing at once?

    Thanks,
    Confused Man

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    $ large amount of Data.

    Hi!

    Take a look at this:

    http://tinyurl.com/5pp4q

    Biff

  3. #3
    Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: $ large amount of Data.

    Hi,
    this example is good but I seriously recommend NOT using cell as a variable
    name...it is a reserved word in Excel.

    My 2cents..

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: $ large amount of Data.

    confused

    Only with VBA.

    Sub Absolute()
    Dim rcell As Range
    For Each rcell In Selection
    If rcell.HasFormula Then
    rcell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(rcell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsolute)
    End If
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub AbsoluteRow()
    Dim rcell As Range
    For Each rcell In Selection
    If rcell.HasFormula Then
    rcell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(rcell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlAbsRowRelColumn)
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub AbsoluteCol()
    Dim rcell As Range
    For Each rcell In Selection
    If rcell.HasFormula Then
    rcell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(rcell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlRelRowAbsColumn)
    Next
    End Sub

    Sub Relative()
    Dim rcell As Range
    For Each rcell In Selection
    If rcell.HasFormula Then
    rcell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(rcell.Formula, _
    xlA1, xlA1, xlRelative)
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: $ large amount of Data.

    O,

    Cells is, but cell is not.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    confused man
    Guest

    Re: $ large amount of Data.

    Thank you all,

    These explanation were a little more technical than I was hoping for. I'm
    not too good with VBA, but I bumbled my way through it using your collective
    advice.

    Thanks so much
    Confused Man

    news:[email protected]...