How do I include the name of the last person who saved a Excel do.

  1. #1
    Valerie
    Guest

    How do I include the name of the last person who saved a Excel do.

    In Excel under File > Properties > Statistics it includes the name of the
    last person who saved a workbook. I want to include in the footer. How do I
    do that?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I include the name of the last person who saved a Excel do.

    Valerie

    Copy/paste this code into ThisWorkbook module.

    Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI _
    As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "Last Saved By: " _
    & Application.UserName & " On " & Date
    End Sub

    'delete & " On " & Date if date no needed

    To do that, right-click on the Excel logo left of "File" on the menu bar or on
    logo at left side of window if running non-maximized,

    Select "View Code".

    Copy/paste the above into the module.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP