Trying to open Excel/Word files error message "Unable to read file

  1. #1
    RobM
    Guest

    Trying to open Excel/Word files error message "Unable to read file

    Simply trying to open files, Excel and Word! Either through Explorer or using
    the Open file option, getting the above error message. Have I somehow deleted
    a settings file / adjusted the settings? How do I fix this problem? Thanks

  2. #2
    garfield-n-odie
    Guest

    RE: Trying to open Excel/Word files error message "Unable to read file

    Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with
    the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information.