combine "category labels" & "values" in legend

  1. #1
    danielo
    Guest

    combine "category labels" & "values" in legend

    I'm creating a pie chart, and in the legend I want not JUST the "category
    labels," but both them AND the associated "values." Can't find any Legend
    formatting except font/pattern/color etc....

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: combine "category labels" & "values" in legend

    I think this may be an option with your data labels, but not with the legend
    itself. If you can't find it under Format/Legend, it can't be done.

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: combine "category labels" & "values" in legend

    Hi,

    You can't do this directly through any properties of the legend.
    You can create the required text in a cell and then specify this as the
    series name. The series name is what is displayed in the legend.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  4. #4
    danielo
    Guest

    Re: combine "category labels" & "values" in legend

    Well, thanks for the feedback. I'll find a work-around. That would be a
    useful feature, methinks!

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: combine "category labels" & "values" in legend

    Didn't Andy just give you the workaround?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services