Hiding balance total

  1. #1
    mailrail
    Guest

    Hiding balance total

    I have a monthly expense spreadsheet that I wrote that works off of a
    declining balance. It's got about 15 rows but on the months that I don't use
    all 15 rows, I don't want the balance showing in the column of the otherwise
    blank row. The current (simple) formula looks like this: =J7-E8. Very simple,
    but when i don't have an entry for "e8", I don't want the formula cell to
    show anything at all. Anyone?

  2. #2
    Rich Bradford
    Guest

    RE: Hiding balance total

    Try using the =if function to control display,

    =if(E8="","",J7-E8)

    Hope this helps.