Can you pull data from another Spreadsheet?

  1. #1
    Guest

    Can you pull data from another Spreadsheet?

    I am very new to Excel, started on Saturday. I am/well have created a
    spreadsheet that I will use for field service calls. I have another
    spreadsheet with all the parts I would use includding a description, part
    number and two list prices (one for T&M customers and one for Contract
    customers).

    What I would like to know is if there is any way I can pull the data from
    the parts spreadsheet, part number, desc, and prices, and have them
    automatically placed on the field service spreadsheet?

    I would like to have the part number be the "trigger" device.

    Now is this possible and can some kind soul give me some cluese on how to do
    it?

    Thanks in advance.

    Mike
    Texas Barcode Systems

  2. #2
    Arla M
    Guest

    RE: Can you pull data from another Spreadsheet?

    I think what you need is a VLOOKUP formula. The formula would be linked to
    the Parts sheet. The reference cell will be the one where you are typing in
    the part number.