solving for 2 unknowns using 2 simultaneous equations

  1. #1
    elaturnas
    Guest

    solving for 2 unknowns using 2 simultaneous equations

    How is it that you do this. I have searched all over and can't seem to find
    an answer. I read something about an mmul function or something...but then
    my computer froze up on me before I could read the post.

  2. #2
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: solving for 2 unknowns using 2 simultaneous equations

    Suppose the equations are 2x+3y=13 and x+5y=17. In cells A1, A2,B1 and B2
    enter
    2, 3, 1, 5. In cells D1 and D2 enter 13 and 17. Use the MINVERSE function in
    cells F1 to G2 and enter A1:B2 as the array. In cells D6 and D7 use the
    MMULT function and enter F1:G2 as the first array and D1:D2 as the second
    array. It is important which one is first and which one second.