How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?

  1. #1
    EBrock
    Guest

    How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?

    I want to create a workbook that has all worksheets formatted in the same
    manner. Is there anyway to do so without formatting each worksheet
    separately ?

  2. #2
    Dan Knight
    Guest

    RE: How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?

    yes,
    Right click on any sheet tab, Select "Select All Sheets" from the pop-up menu.
    Have fun formatting the active sheet. When done take a look at any sheet and
    the formatting is done on ALL the selected sheets.

    Dan Knight

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?

    Dan, left out the most important part. (i.e. WARNING: sever tire damage)

    When you have formatted all of the sheet, you must *ungroup* the sheets
    as any change you make to one you see, you make to all in the group.
    Right-click any worksheet tab and "Ungroup sheets". With practice
    you will learn to can also ungroup by clicking outside a smaller grouping
    of sheets.
    ---
    HTH,

  4. #4
    Sharon
    Guest

    RE: How do I format all worksheets in a workbook at one time ?

    Another option too is format one sheet just the way you like it without any
    data in it. Then once you know for sure, or have been given approval by
    whomever you're working with, just right click the tab and say Copy. Then
    you'll have Sheet1(2), Sheet1(3), etc. Of course, if you're working on
    formatting after the fact of data entry, the other suggestion is good too.