Excel viewers - XML

  1. #1
    AH1966
    Guest

    Excel viewers - XML

    Excel can load both "traditional" excel files with the .xls extension, and it
    can also open "XML" excel files with the .xls extention.

    Why can't the Excel viewer open both. Currently it can only open excel
    files; it doesn't recognise XML files.

    Ultimately, I'd like to produce a markup file which I can then launch with
    the Viewer.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Excel viewers - XML

    >>Currently it can only open excel files; it doesn't recognise XML files.

    The viewer has been around quite a while, well before Excel 2003 which is
    the first version that can read/write XML file. I guess MS decided not to
    update the viewer.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP