Phone Format PHYSICAL

  1. #1
    RTP
    Guest

    Phone Format PHYSICAL

    I have a phone number coming in. I know I can change the format but I also
    need to PHYSICALLY change the cell as well. The cell HAS to appear as...

    (123)456-7890

    It HAS to because I have to try and De-Dupe it through Access and run an
    Unmatched query against it so that it attempts to match up correctly to the
    physical table wich is formatted as (123)456-7890.

    Can someone help me out here???

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Phone Format PHYSICAL

    How does the data come in, is it just 1234567890? If so then assuming your
    data is in Col A and starting in A1, in b1 try

    =TEXT(A1,"(000)000-0000")

    Copy down, then copy all and paste special as values.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    If the number comes in as 1234567890, the format you want is (assuming this number is in A1 and is formatted as text):

    ="(" & left(A1,3) & ")" & mid(A1,4,3) & "-" & right(A1,4)

    This depends on there being exactly 10 digits in the original data.

    Alf