Pound Signs Instead Of Text

  1. #1
    SleepyDawn
    Guest

    Pound Signs Instead Of Text

    I have been using Excel (XP) to make a text chart for some time now. Some
    entries are quite lengthy. I've not had a problem until last week when my
    lengthy entries started showing up as pound signs (######) instead of text as
    soon as I click off of the cell. I tried changing the width of the cell and
    shortening my entry to no avail. The cell is formatted as "text" and "wrap to
    fit". I know the text can fit because when I'm editing it, it fits. This
    chart is due to my professor tomorrow, please help!

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Pound Signs Instead Of Text

    Format the cell(s) to "General".

    There seems to be a quirk (bug), where in a Text formatted cell of more then
    approximately 256 characters, you'll get the ###'s.

    Stranger yet, if you keep typing, the true text *returns* when the character
    count exceeds 1024.

    General format should work for the "in-between" character count.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...