Copying cells with conditional formatting

  1. #1
    Benfanfromlo
    Guest

    Copying cells with conditional formatting

    I am trying to copy cells that have conditional formatting to another
    worksheet within the same workbook. I would like to preserve the formatting
    but I can only link the data. Is there a method for maintaining the
    conditional formatting from the original tab through the link?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copying cells with conditional formatting

    Copy the range and Paste Special>Links.

    Then Paste Special>Formats.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Benfanfromlo
    Guest

    Re: Copying cells with conditional formatting

    I need to be able to link to a changing format. While this does work for a
    one-time approach, I am working with about 100 fields and need to be able to
    dynamically update the formats on a seperate page without having to replicate
    the conditional formatting. Any ideas?

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Copying cells with conditional formatting

    Unfortunately, linking does not carry the formatting over with it.

    You will have to copy over the formatting somehow.

    Either manually or through code.

    Visit the microsoft.public.excel.programming group for ideas on code if you
    want to go that route.

    Gord