No filter buttons

  1. #1
    Reney Langlois
    Guest

    No filter buttons

    Hi,
    I'm using Excel 2000. Recent problem. When I try to
    apply a filter to any table of data, the table header
    doesn't show the arrow buttons as part of each header
    cell. There is no error message and when I go back to the
    Data-Filter menu, the option is selected as normal.
    Probably something simple but I can't find it. I've
    rebooted and made simple tables to troubleshoot the
    problem, but so far nothing.

    Thanks much.

    Reney

  2. #2

    Re: No filter buttons

    Sometimes those pesky arrows will reappear if you minimize excel's window, then
    resize it.

    Sometimes if you minimize the worksheet's window and resize it.

    Sometimes closing and reopening.

    Sometimes removing the filter and reapplying.

    I've even deleted that header row and added it back (I _think_ that sometimes
    worked.)

    Not much help, huh?

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: No filter buttons

    Reney

    Possible you have Tools>Options>View>Objects "Hide All" checked.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Francis Hayes (The Excel Addict)
    Guest

    RE: No filter buttons

    Hi Reney,

    I use filters a lot and often encounter the same problem. It drives me nuts.
    I'll try Dave's suggestions next time. Thanks Dave.

    Francis Hayes
    www.TheExcelAddict.com

  5. #5
    Reney Langlois
    Guest

    RE: No filter buttons

    Thanks for the help fellas. I came in this morning, woke
    my computer up from sleep mode, worked for a while, then
    tried the filter cold and it worked just fine. Amazing, I
    tried it at least 10-20 times yesterday after jumping
    through all sorts of hoops and today it starts up.

    Reney

  6. #6

    Re: No filter buttons

    Frustrating, huh.

    I can't reproduce this at will and it seems when it happens, I'm always in a
    hurry--so I take the quickest and dirtiest way out--which doesn't help for
    future occurrences.