Add-in disappeared

  1. #1
    fiona
    Guest

    Add-in disappeared

    Hi All,
    I got a fabulous add-in that I placed on my c drive. Because work is
    replacing my computer, I moved everything from my c drive to my p drive for
    safe keeping.

    I then went and used tools/addins and browsed for the new location of the
    add-in. The problem is, everytime I open excel again, it says it can't find
    it on my c drive. How do I make it always look on my P drive? I'm using
    Excel 2000.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Add-in disappeared

    If it's listed twice in the add-ins list uncheck the one pointing to the C:
    drive.

    I tried browsing for an add-in on the P: drive with Excel 2000 and Excel
    found and loaded it with no problem when it was restarted.

    --
    Jim Rech
    Excel MVP
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    fiona
    Guest

    Re: Add-in disappeared

    Thanks Jim,

    I found I had to uncheck the addin, then close excel, re-open it making sure
    it didn't ask to go to C drive, re-browse for the add-in close excel again
    and then re-open it to make sure it's looking in the right place. I thought
    I'd already done this, but obviously not.