Format of data import from a database

  1. #1
    John Conklin
    Guest

    Format of data import from a database

    I have a spreadsheet that has data imported from SQL Server or even MS
    Access that has dollar amount fields. The field is coming over as a text
    field and even if I format the cells as currency it won't apply the
    formatting until I actually double click in the cell and press enter.

    Is there a way to fix this for the entire spreadsheet so I don't have to
    click in each cell to force the formatting to work? This spreadsheet as
    over 1500 rows of data. I get this every time I export data from either SQL
    Server 2000 or Microsoft Access Database.

    Any help or information is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    ~John

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Format of data import from a database

    John

    This usually works........

    Format an empty cell to General or Number.

    Copy that cell.

    Select all other data cells and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    John Conklin
    Guest

    Re: Format of data import from a database

    You are wonderful!!!

    That does exactly what I needed.

    Thank you so much for your help.

    ~John