Date Format Question- convert into a usable date format.

  1. #1
    Josh O.
    Guest

    Date Format Question- convert into a usable date format.

    I have a date field that I need to convert into a usable date format.
    The current date is input into a field as yyyymmdd. But the number is
    entered as text. Is there a way to format that number or a formula to use to
    make that format usable? What I want to use the date for is to create a
    formula that calculates the days past due. For example, =("invoice
    date"+30)-today( ).
    However the formula won't work with the date in its current format.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    re: Date Format Question- convert into a usable date format.

    Data>text to columns, click next twice, under column data format select date
    and YMD,
    click finish

    for a formula solution assuming they always have 8 digits

    =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),MID(A1,7,2))

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...