Excel 97 to Excel XP upgrade issue

  1. #1
    TxVics
    Guest

    Excel 97 to Excel XP upgrade issue

    I'm about to upgrade a group of three users to Windows XP, Office XP. One
    user is on Windows 98, Office 97. The other two are on WinXP, Office 2000.
    They use Excel heavily with Bloomberg for trading purposes. The users are
    opposed to this upgrade due to issues between them and the old I.T.
    department. They claim there were "all kinds of problems" the last time they
    attempted upgrades. Before continuing with the upgrade again, I've been
    asked to get a statement from Microsoft saying what, if any issues there are
    with the following:
    1. Pivot table issues between Excel 97/2000 and XP.
    2. Excel documents with large and complex calcualtions.
    3. Any other known issues there may be when moving from older versions to
    Windows XP, Office XP.

    Does anyone know of any issues, or have any thought about how I can get a
    statement like this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Excel 97 to Excel XP upgrade issue

    Hi

    on the Microsoft web (www.microsoft.com) is a link to support services (left
    hand side of screen) ... if you click on that another page comes up
    http://support.microsoft.com/ which has a link down the bottom to "Microsoft
    Support and Consulting Services" - which sounds like what you need to check
    out (i can't post the link here as my browser automatically directs me to an
    Australian site - which i'm guessing won't be much use).

    Good luck.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Excel 97 to Excel XP upgrade issue

    There's information on the following page that may help you:

    Microsoft Office XP Migration Blueprint

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../migratbp.mspx

    It includes a link to this page:

    Office 97 to Microsoft Office XP Migration Issues

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...365051033.aspx

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List