Can I combine two huge worksheets into one pivot?

  1. #1
    Saddy
    Guest

    Can I combine two huge worksheets into one pivot?

    I have two huge (53000 rows each) worksheets (file size 50MB)and I want to
    build one pivot table from them. There are 15 columns of data each, with
    exactly the same columns headers(only the data is different. How do I do this?

    I have been trying multiple consolidation ranges and its not working. I
    don't get the headers to choose from when I try to create the table. I get
    Row, Column, value and page one as options.

    Is there a way to do this without having to copy and paste from one to
    another (impossible as it would have more than 65500 rows in Excel 2000)? The
    only answer I can think of would be linking the two sheets to an Access
    database and joining them there, then make a pivot table using the "External
    data" option.

    Anyone have a better idea?
    Thanks

    Raphael

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Can I combine two huge worksheets into one pivot?

    That's exactly what I do. I throw both sheets into a single Access Table
    and then query it FROM Excel using Data / Get External Data and a pivot
    table. If the file it came from is significant in any way then just add a
    column to each and put in a file identifier and then pull that as well.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...