Macros

  1. #1
    Howard
    Guest

    Macros

    I have a group of cells for data entry set up on a page named reservation
    confirm and run a macro to copy the data to second sheet named patron log,
    print and then clear the cells on the reservation confirm sheet for next
    entry. It used to work but has lost something. Following is the macro:

    Sub finishup()
    '
    ' finishup Macro
    '
    '

    '
    Sheets("PATRON LOG").Select
    Rows("2:2").Select
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
    Rows("3:3").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("A2").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks:= _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Rows("3:3").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    Selection.Copy
    Range("A3").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Sheets("RESERVATION CONFIRM").Select
    Range("E9").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
    Range("A8:D11").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("B12:D12").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("H8:K12").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("C15").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("C16").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("D17").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("J16").Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("A8:B8").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "first name"
    Range("C8:D8").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "last name"
    Range("A9:D9").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "address…use second line below if needed"
    Range("A11:B11").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "city"
    Range("C11").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "state"
    Range("D11").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "zip code"
    Range("B12:D12").Select
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "phone with area code..just digits"
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
    End Sub

  2. #2

    Re: Macros

    It looks like this is the last part of a series of macros.

    It's not getting anything from the "Reservation Confirm" worksheet.

    You may want to see if there's another macro that calls this "finishup"
    subroutine.

    Maybe you'll get lucky and have just been running the wrong macro.