How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

  1. #1
    JDS
    Guest

    How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

    so that only the subtotals paste and not all the line item detail?
    jds

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

    Collapse the list and then select all the cells that you wish to copy.
    Hit <F5>, <Special>,
    Click "Visible Cells Only", then <OK>.
    Right click in this selection and choose "Copy".
    And then paste it wherever.

    Don't paste it in an area of the sheet which might have some rows hidden due
    to the SubTotals.

    HTH,

    RD

  3. #3
    Micah Chaney
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

    I'm not entirely sure of what you're asking...but if you right click where
    you want to Paste and choose Paste Special. A menu will appear, choose
    paste value.

    Hope this helps.

  4. #4
    JDS
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

    Thanks!

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    yahoo
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

    Hi

    This works well - but
    when you subtotal excel inserts the word 'total' on the same line -

    How can I remove the word total?

    In my case I am subtotaling by invoice number - after I subtotal it
    states '123456 total' - 123456 = invoice number

    When I do the special copy/paste below the '123456 total' is pasted on
    a new line - but I cannot have the word total there - becuase I need
    to upload the invoice number as format number into another program

    How can I get rid of the word total?

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy/paste subtotaled data

    Have you tried the "old stand-by", Edit - Replace?

    Select the column containing the "123456 total",
    <Edit> <Replace>,
    Enter "total" (no quotes) in the "Find What" box,
    Don't enter anything in the "Replace With" box,
    Then click "Replace All", and you should have the display you're looking
    for.
    --
    HTH,

    RD