How do I email my contact list to another computer

  1. #1
    cheree
    Guest

    How do I email my contact list to another computer

    I am a secretary and my bosses want me to update there contact lists on my
    computer and then email the updated lists to them. How do I do that????
    Thank you
    Cheree Hartzell

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by cheree
    I am a secretary and my bosses want me to update there contact lists on my
    computer and then email the updated lists to them. How do I do that????
    Thank you
    Cheree Hartzell
    After updating the contacts list, save it, e.g., as contacts.xls and then send an email to your bosses attaching the file (contacts.xls).

    Hope this helps you.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    When I see the phrase "contact lists", I wonder if you are dealing with Outlook rather than Excel?

    Alf

  4. #4

    Re: How do I email my contact list to another computer

    If you're using Outlook, you may want to post into a dedicated Outlook
    newsgroup.

    But this may work.

    Have your boses export their contacts to a .CSV file.
    Mail that .csv file to you.
    You can open it in excel, edit it, and then save (still as a .CSV file).

    Then mail it back to the bosse so that they can reimport it to Outlook.

    (I would edit it in excel so that I wouldn't have to clutter my Contacts in
    Outlook.)

    ========
    Another option.

    Have your bosses create another .pst file in Outlook. Have them copy just the
    Contacts to that .pst file.

    Then they can find that .pst and email to you. You open it, work on it, and
    email it back. They open the updated copy and merge it into their real contact
    list.

    If you know what a .pst file is, then this might be simpler. If you don't, then
    I'd suggest you use the .csv file.