Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

  1. #1
    Cashius War eagle
    Guest

    Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

    In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate
    refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional
    formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office 2003.
    I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any
    change.

  2. #2
    Forum Guru Norie's Avatar
    Stirling, Scotland
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Office 365
    Posts
    19,643
    Is Calculation set to Manual under the Calculation tab when you go to Tools>Options...?

  3. #3
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

    You need to post your conditional format formula.

    "Cashius War eagle" <Cashius War [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

    On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:45:02 -0800, "Cashius War eagle" <Cashius War
    [email protected]> wrote:

    >In Excel, I create a conditional formatting to highlite a duplicate
    >refference. The formatting applyied, as indicated when I click conditional
    >formatting again, but does not display in the cell. I am useing Office 2003.
    >I applied a red patern with white bold, but the cell does not display any
    >change.

    Most likely there is an error in your formula, so that it is not doing what you
    expect it to do.

    Post a copy of the formula, the inputs, and your expected results, and someone
    will be able to help you.

    --ron

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Why won't my conditional formatting display in the cell

    > Most likely there is an error in your formula, so that it is
    > not doing what you expect it to do.

    Try using the formula(s) on the spreadsheet itself in another
    column to see if it generates True [number not zero] or
    False [zero]. Conditional formatting only pays attention to
    True and ignores any errors.

    Conditional like normal cell formatting can be wiped out
    or copied from another cell by pasting into a cell.

    My page on Conditional Formatting is
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm
    ---
    HTH,