Command button on data-entry form

  1. #1
    Susy
    Guest

    Command button on data-entry form

    Is there a way to add a command button to a form that displays data for
    reference? I'd like the user of the form I'm creating to choose a chemical
    abbreviation from a dropdown but be able to click a button and display a
    table containing the full chemical name and unit. Or else have a dropdown
    with three columns? It's easy to do in Access, but I can't seem to figure out
    how to do either of these things in Excel.)

  2. #2

    Re: Command button on data-entry form

    It might be easiest to use a range of 2 columns (why 3???).

    Then you can make your combobox have multiple columns--including both the
    abbreviation and long name.

    With your combobox selected (while you're designing the form), hit F4 to see its
    properties.

    ..ColumnCount = 2 (or 3???)
    ..RowSource = Sheet1!a1:B9 (say)