auto add "1" to end of value

  1. #1
    Stinky
    Guest

    auto add "1" to end of value

    i have 2 cells in my worksheet that i want a "1" to be added at the end of
    whatever i type in the cell.

    for example,

    i type a value of "los angeles" in a1. i want to see "los angeles1" in the
    cell a1

    any help would be appreciated

  2. #2
    James
    Guest

    auto add "1" to end of value

    In cell A2 type "1".
    In cell A3 type "=A1&A2"

    That should work.

  3. #3
    Stinky
    Guest

    RE: auto add "1" to end of value

    thank you

  4. #4
    James
    Guest

    RE: auto add "1" to end of value

    Glad to help.

    If you want a space between the end of "Los Angeles" and
    the "1", as in "Los Angeles 1" rather than "Las Angeles1"
    then in A3 type:

    =A1&" "&A2

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: auto add "1" to end of value

    Select the cells in which you want the 1
    Choose Format>Cells
    On the Number tab, choose Custom
    In the text box, type: @" 1"
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  6. #6
    David
    Guest

    Re: auto add "1" to end of value

    Debra Dalgleish wrote

    > Select the cells in which you want the 1
    > Choose Format>Cells
    > On the Number tab, choose Custom
    > In the text box, type: @" 1"
    > Click OK
    >

    > Stinky wrote:
    >> i have 2 cells in my worksheet that i want a "1" to be added at the
    >> end of whatever i type in the cell.
    >>
    >> for example,
    >>
    >> i type a value of "los angeles" in a1. i want to see "los angeles1"
    >> in the cell a1
    >>

    >> any help would be appreciated

    Cool! And precisely what the OP asked for rather than results in another
    cell.

    --
    David