Can I copy a combo box in Excel 2002 with a relative cell link?

  1. #1
    Bozo
    Guest

    Can I copy a combo box in Excel 2002 with a relative cell link?

    Would like to create multiple combo boxes by copying and pasting a cell
    containing a combo box but would like for the cell link for each combo box to
    be a relative cell reference so that the cell link is different for each
    combo box. Have tried changing the cell link to a relative reference before
    copying, but has no effect.

  2. #2

    Re: Can I copy a combo box in Excel 2002 with a relative cell link?

    The code would depend on what kind of combobox you used.

    Did you use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar or a DropDown from the
    Forms toolbar?

    And a couple of alternatives.

    Maybe data|validation. It kind of looks the same.
    (Debra Dalgleish's site)

    or even add all the comboboxes (or dropdowns) at one time.

    Or even just have one combobox (or dropdown) and have it move to a different
    cell (and adjust its linkedcell when you move it).

    If the values in the list are always the same (and it sounds that way since
    you're copy|pasting), having one combobox that moves maybe easier on excel.