Multiple excel users can open the same file and edit at the same .

  1. #1
    Jeff Howard
    Guest

    Multiple excel users can open the same file and edit at the same .

    We are running Excel 2002 SP2. We recently moved to a Windows 2000 server
    and now we are running into the issue where Multiple users can open the same
    excel file and edit it at the same time without getting the file the 2nd time
    in Read Only mode.

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Multiple excel users can open the same file and edit at the same .

    Go to Tools>Share Workbook & choose the setting to Allow changes by more than
    one user. The file must also be stored in a Shared network/workgroup folder.
    Save the fil.

    It is also strongly recommended that you research the feature in Excel Help
    to become more familiar with it before you start sharing the file.

    HTH |:>)