How can I make the collumn headers in excel be letters rather tha.

  1. #1
    Ian Hunt
    Guest

    How can I make the collumn headers in excel be letters rather tha.

    I have just changed laptops and now excel shows its cell references as R1C1
    for cell A1 how do i make it use letters for collumns?

  2. #2
    Bernardo Lozano
    Guest

    RE: How can I make the collumn headers in excel be letters rather tha.

    Tools -> Options -> General and uncheck the R1C1 display

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: How can I make the collumn headers in excel be letters rather tha.

    Go to Tools > Options. General Tab. Uncheck the box that
    reads "R1C1 reference style".

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can I make the collumn headers in excel be letters rather tha.

    Tools>options>general and uncheck R1C1 reference style

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    ChristinaC
    Guest

    RE: How can I make the collumn headers in excel be letters rather tha.

    Hi Ian,
    Go into Tools, Options and the General Tab. In there untick the R1C1
    reference style. This should then solve your problem.

    Chris