Repeat Code Repetitive Actions?

  1. #1
    chris
    Guest

    Repeat Code Repetitive Actions?

    I am doing some list comparing and I have to do a lot of the same actions
    (specifically, highlight three cells, insert, shift cells down)

    Is there a way I can code that action into a shortcut key?

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Repeat Code Repetitive Actions?

    Check out the Help info on Recording Macros. They can have shortcut keys
    assigned to them and can also be attached to custom toolbar button & command
    buttons, and can be added to your Menu.

    Good Luck |:>)

  3. #3

    Re: Repeat Code Repetitive Actions?

    Just to add to CyberTaz's reply.

    When you turn on the record macro stuff, you'll be prompted for a name (and
    where to save it) and if you want a shortcut key.

    If you forget to assign the shortcut key here, you can assign it later:
    tools|macro|macros
    select your macro
    Options button
    and assign it there.

    And you'll see a toolbar pop up. One of those icons on that toolbar allows you
    to use Relative references. This means that the actions will be taken with
    respect to the activecell.

    If you don't toggle that option, your macro will get recorded using the actual
    address of the cell you're working on.

    If you run a macro like that, you'll do the same thing over and over and over to
    the same cell.

    If you have trouble fixing up your code, paste it (just the code, not the
    workbook) into your follow up message.